@arzE: a writer once asked what I’d say was my favorite webpage. I paused, thought deeply and said, “probably sukadogdik.com, motherfucker”
SUPPORTED BY FRIENDS LIKE U
HOW TO TAPE A SHOWAT THE VENUE
- Smartphone - Because I don’t own anything fancier, Kingston, Philly and both Red Rocks shows were recorded with a smartphone. Miami and Mexico City are compiled from YouTube uploads, most likely smartphone videos.
- Microphone - If you have one, cardioid microphones create high-quality bootlegs like this Boston show from 2008, submitted by a friend of the site. Many venues prohibit “professional” audio recording.
- Audacity + Soundflower — this is what I use (Free; MacOS only)
- Open Broadcaster Studio — also allows for easily recording streaming video (Free; MacOS, Windows, Linux)
- Tip: both of the above record any audio played by your computer, so it’s best practice to silence notifications and not perform actions that result in system sounds, such as emptying the trash or taking a screenshot
- Audio HiJack — expensive, but doesn’t require silencing notifications and system sounds ($59; MacOS only)
HOW TO SUBMIT A BOOTLEG
Upload to a file sharing service and post a link in the forum or share with email@example.com. No need to break the recording up into tracks, add tags or supply album art.
GET IN TOUCH
Post any comments or questions in the forum.